EP FELLOWS IN TRAINING SCIENTIFIC SCHOLARSHIP
This year, WAF is pleased to announce an exciting new feature. With the support of Medtronic, WAF will award five scholarships to support scientific / research innovation around Atrial Fibrillation & related comorbidities.
This award is intended to support research of first- and second-year clinical fellows currently training in an ACGME Electrophysiology Fellowship Program in the United States. Applicants can easily submit a scientific poster based on their research to Western AF Symposium via the link below. Five impartial judges will review each submission and select the winners. The top five winning fellows will be invited to present their posters during the opening reception of the 2021 Western A-Fib Symposium in Park City, Utah on Thursday, February 25th and attend the two-day Symposium**
Scholarships to support current & future scientific research initiatives will be awarded as follows:
- First place – $7,500
- Second place – $5,000
- Third – Fifth place – $1,000 each
- Any IM resident, cardiology fellows (including subspecialties) research fellows involved in AF research
- Posters must be based on the applicant’s research in the field of atrial fibrillation *
- Each applicant may only submit one poster
- APPLICATION SUBMISSION EXTENDED TO JANUARY 29, 2021
** In the event an awardee is unable to be in Park City for this event, a virtual option will be made available.